Well I will first start with the ups, we are having another BABY!!! We are sooo excited. Baby #2 is due November 28. And if I get my way we are not finding out what the gender is, Heath is really fighting me on this cause he wants to know so we will see how far it goes. I am such a hypocrite because I hate it when people don't find out and yet here I am, oh well.
And for the downs well Heath got in a 4 wheeling accident on May 30 out at the sand dunes at about 4:30, he was riding along on his buddies 4 wheeler and the last dune went from a hill to a cliff and he fell head first into the ground. Luckily he was smart enough to wear his helmet (saved his life, the helmet is now broken with cracks running from front to back!) I got the call and drove straight to the Nephi hospital to meet him, luckily my mom made me stop and get Destini cause I never thought about taking anyone with me (with the whole shock thing going on). I never would have made it through that night without her, love you Dest!! So when he got there they did a bunch of Xrays and decided he needed to go to the Provo hospital where they have a full trauma team, which meant another ambulance ride, I got to go on this one. After the assessments they decided he had a broken sternum, fractured ribs, a punctured lung, and a huge hole in his arm pit where the handle bar entered his body not to mention bumps and bruises for days! So they took him into surgery that night and put a chest tube in to drain fluid out from around his lungs and inspect the hole, they said the handle bar went in and up about 4 -5 inches and stopped just before the major arteries and nerves, lucky! So began the hospital stay Saturday night until today Thursday we finally got to come home, driving to Provo sucks and neither of his room had a couch just a reclining chair, miserable nights for me. We cant wait to get real sleep with no interruptions from nurses! So he is going to be okay eventually but he wont be back to work for a good 3 weeks, 3 long weeks!
And for the downs well Heath got in a 4 wheeling accident on May 30 out at the sand dunes at about 4:30, he was riding along on his buddies 4 wheeler and the last dune went from a hill to a cliff and he fell head first into the ground. Luckily he was smart enough to wear his helmet (saved his life, the helmet is now broken with cracks running from front to back!) I got the call and drove straight to the Nephi hospital to meet him, luckily my mom made me stop and get Destini cause I never thought about taking anyone with me (with the whole shock thing going on). I never would have made it through that night without her, love you Dest!! So when he got there they did a bunch of Xrays and decided he needed to go to the Provo hospital where they have a full trauma team, which meant another ambulance ride, I got to go on this one. After the assessments they decided he had a broken sternum, fractured ribs, a punctured lung, and a huge hole in his arm pit where the handle bar entered his body not to mention bumps and bruises for days! So they took him into surgery that night and put a chest tube in to drain fluid out from around his lungs and inspect the hole, they said the handle bar went in and up about 4 -5 inches and stopped just before the major arteries and nerves, lucky! So began the hospital stay Saturday night until today Thursday we finally got to come home, driving to Provo sucks and neither of his room had a couch just a reclining chair, miserable nights for me. We cant wait to get real sleep with no interruptions from nurses! So he is going to be okay eventually but he wont be back to work for a good 3 weeks, 3 long weeks!
Sorry about the great photos only had my phone. The hole got much smaller after the stitches.
The chest tube, it went in to his lungs about 14 inches, yuck!
This would be a displaced sternum! Jealous?
8 comments:
Oh my heck I'm glad everything will be ok with Heath. That is so scary..and Congrats on the new baby on the way! Hopefully it's a girl. I could not wait to find out, so good luck with that one:)keep us all posted!
Oh, I can't even imagine getting a phone call like that. I'm sure you have been worried sick. I'm glad that he is home now. Please let me know if I can help out with Hudson.
Oh Des. I knew something was up, but my phone broke and I am waiting for a new one (so I don't have any numbers at the moment). I was right. I hope everything gets better soon. If you need anything let me know. I am out of work rightnow. Even if you need a visitor, I'll be glad to stop and say Hello!!
First of all CONGRATS on the baby! That is really exciting. But I am so sorry about your husband. What a relief he is going to be okay. Hang in there and let me know if you need anything!!
Congrats on the new little one! I'm sorry to hear about Heath and glad that everything will be ok.
Woman! I had no idea you went through all of that. I'm so sorry. I have heard of so many accidents lately at the dunes. It is too scary. I'm so glad he is doing ok. How scary for both of you! AND.............. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. That is so neat. We are actually going to be back in mid to end July!!! Yay! I can't wait. I'll actually be around for you. I can't wait to plan something, I miss you.
How tramatic. I am very glad he will eventually be back to normal.
Those sand dunes are one scary place.
Congrats on the upcoming baby!!
okay, those pictures are totally gross! I almost puked, you need to have a warninig not to continue if you have a weak stomach!!!
Post a Comment